Saturday, August 29, 2020

Thousandth Blog Post in Kaaranam Ketkade

 Thousandth (10^3) Blog Post in Kaaranam Ketkade

 This is my thousandth post in this blog – Kaaranam Ketkade.  If I title this post as “One Thousandth Blog Post”, it may mean ‘thousandth (ordinal) post’ or 1 in 1000 posts – Both are true. The blog was started on Seventh of June in 2007 with my first post explaining why I have christened my blog as such. To recapitulate, most of my blog posts are written without a serious reason, [the title of the blog in Tamil says: Don’t ask me why (I write)],  just for the fun of penning some punny thoughts that cross my mind.

 Some statistics, arising out of thirteen years of blogging journey, I desire to share. The blog has seen an all-time total of (approx.) 3,55,200 pageviews.  Last month, July 2020, it was 2095 views. There were 196K visitors and they were from the USA; next 56.6K came from India. Rest came from France, Russia, Ukraine, Romania, Australia etc. Keywords of searchers used to reach me used: Elder abuse, NISD, Lantern Poems, generic medicines, dementia etc. Following chart shows views over years of my blog:


  I was pleasantly surprised to be reminded of a post on Hansika Motwani, as she sponsored setting up an old age home in Mumbai in 2012. Her name was among few of the most searched words resulting in my blog post being shown to searchers. Here is that link:

 https://www.blogger.com/blog/post/edit/4197788180975233074/9008322649348770685

 A bit of technical data: Windows, Linux, Mackintosh, Android, Iphone, IPad – in that order – were the Operating Systems most used to browse my blog. Among browsers used, top ones are: Chrome, Firefox, MSIE, Firebird, Safari and Opera in that order. Google.com, google.co.in, Facebook are the websites that helped me most as referrers. I have 32 (yes merely 32) followers, 360 comments and 1000 blog posts – nothing to boast in any means.

This poor performance is bound to be so when I write to please myself. Even I have not read my posts again after publishing – proof reading excepted!

 How to give up smoking was my first substantial post on 29th December 2008 – it converted a minimum of three persons to become non-smokers. On the whole I have made about USD 155 through Advertisements shown on my blogsite. That’s It, in a nutshell, all the bragging I can do at this important milestone of blogging experience. I maintain several other blogs – I will talk about them later.

 =============

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment