Sunday, August 9, 2020

Pricy Purchases and Overlooked features


Pricy Purchases and Overlooked features

In the recent past I made a few purchases like HP Laptop, Preethi Zodiac 20 Food Processor, LeTV Mobile.

The HP Laptop was impressive with speed, colour, screen size, good speaker volume, good camera, reliable battery etc. The Windows 10 + and the MS Edge Browser are lousy. The latter is obscenely intrusive, almost preventing me to over to chrome browser. There is only a combo jack for headphone and microphone, necessitating me to buy a new headset with combo cords / jack.

The Preethi Food Processor can do many things like wet grinding, dry grinding, atta kneeding, chopping vegetables etc- sort of all in one. It even stops automatically when chutney grinding is done. But there is no whipper blade for making butter out of cream.

The LeTV mobile has large screen, good speakers, powerful Android software, clarity in images or video shows, powerful front and back cameras what not. A treasure I thought until I discovered that a single micro USB port is used both for charging and ear phones.

All the purchases were made after screening several brands and I was happy over my selection before placing the order. How come we miss out on some important features and find it lacking only after buying? Is there a name for this phenomenon? There should be, as the experience is not special only to me.

============






No comments:

Post a Comment