Saturday, August 29, 2020

Counting my blessings ....

 Counting my Blessings ….

 

I have been writing a series of blog posts and articles, all bordering on negativity. To shake myself out of this filthy mood I thought I should reverse my thinking process and contemplate on positive things that are blessings in their own way. Here I commence by listing a few:

 1.      For a number of years, I was complaining that we are not lucky to have Karapak (Curry leaves) tree in our garden. We have one now, growing along with Daffodils creeper, yielding plenty of leaves.

2.      Beautiful Daffodil flowers add colour to our frontage

3.      There were days when I had to climb down six steps to collect drinking water. In those days of water scarcity, the supply was meagre, low pressure, odd hours, and no guarantees. Now good amount of water comes with pressure such that I can collect it in Kitchen tap – almost 12 ft difference! Once in three days regular supply.

4.      The garbage collector comes even on Sundays, so clearing rubbish without accumulation is practical nowadays.

5.      “Mosquito fogging” is carried out in our colony twice a week as against once every Sunday earlier. Less mosquitoes, better sleep.

6.      There is a Dhobi – laundry man - who has set up his shop in a garage just opposite my house. Now I need not walk much to get my clothes ironed.

7.      I buy herbal and Ayurvedic medicines from deChane – century old pharma company – right from our father’s days. I found out an employee over there who lives near my house and he helps me buying medicines I need by delivering at my doorstep on his way back home.    

 NOW my mood has changed for the better. Writing helps. Your reading thus far helps farther. Shall we continue our separate journeys together?

 ==========

 

No comments:

Post a Comment