Monday, August 17, 2020

Each unto his own madness

 Each unto his own madness


I find a good number of our friends engaging themselves with passions and notions of their own. They would not give it up at any cost. Nor will they bother if no one listens to them, or if others care too hoots about such pet topics / peeving.  Their ideas are one-sided and they refuse to look into alternate ways of thinking. The world according to them should exist the way they imagine what is right and what is wrong. Any other way is unacceptable and unwelcome or indigestible or a permanent irritation in their way. Why are some people so inflexible, dogmatic, one sided, single minded and immersed in their own madness?

 I dare not name them nor identify them with their pet topics for the “sake of decency” or because of the benefits of “self-blackmailing”!

 Coming to think of it, upon introspection, I am beginning to doubt, rather seriously, whether I am also slowly slipping into that category. At times, I keep writing blog posts without specific target audience in mind. Keep pushing the pen for no further goal than just satisfy my writing itch. Whether people read or not, whether those who read benefit by it or not does not seem to be important to me. Realizing this part of me, decades ago, I have named my blog “Kaaranam Ketkadhe” which in Tamil means: “Do not ask me why”

 Sadhguru says: “There is no use to life. We value life for its beauty, exuberance, profoundness, and intensity, not for its usefulness.”  Are such teachings impacting me?

Should we continue to do whatever pleases us, unmindful of any result. Doing for doing sake – does this fetch far greater inner satisfaction? Should such ‘satisfaction’ be desired?

 Let me stop blabbering lest we go mad and get back to mundane things like cooking and eating what I relish – Bye For Now. And I end with: Each unto his own madness!!

  

                                                                ==============

No comments:

Post a Comment