Saturday, February 19, 2022

Hand Towel as a Gift


                                        Hand Towel as a Gift


I was given a Blue colored Hand towel, embroidered with the name of the friend who gave it like:  “Mr & Mrs   XYZ  I.A.S”. Yes, it is true that this ‘friend’ was seeking publicity in such a cheap way and he was an IAS officer. Funny. He was a retired IAS officer but his wife was just a housewife. He could not even discern the inappropriateness of the lettering.


However, the towel is useful. I use it to dry my face or feet after washing them with water. Normally, I dry my hands and face first and lasty my feet. Sometimes it is the other way around -- I feel a bit uneasy about soiling my face dirtied by wiping the feet first.


Then I came up with a solution. The towel has two sides. I use the embroidered side for feet and the other side for face, hands etc . Now, should I not thank the friend for incorporating a solution for my problem? I have no bad opinion about him anymore.

Changing one’s mind from bad to good about a situation / person is a good thing. It shows I have a mind of my own that is active, dynamic and kicking. And I have the courage to look at positive side of things.

Bye, bye for the Blah, Blah! Let me move on to next blog post.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment