Friday, June 22, 2018

Yoga Day in Shiridi Saibaba Temple Complex


Yoga Day in Shiridi Saibaba Temple Complex
(21st June 2018)

I went for an International Yoga Day Celebration event.


The invitation said: 5:30 pm - Lighting of Lamp, Puja, Yoga demonstration followed by refreshments. So I budgeted for two hours after which I planned to visit Monday Market, buy vegetables and go home. But the program started one hour late, no sight of dignitary (MLA Sayanna Garu, known for ditching appointments in the last moment) and I left by 7:30 pm, without waiting for chief guest to come or for refreshments.

As I was not sure of the exact location of the venue, I had walked up to the Saibaba Temple, Shantideep colony near my residence in Secunderabad, some 20 minutes earlier. That early arrival proved to be very beneficial in a way. Sri Suresh, Trustee, took me around the four storied temple complex, explaining everything.

The temple complex has Shiridi Saibaba Mandir in ground floor. Second floor houses a medical / health center with ortho-surgeon physiotherapist, plus a large hall for various religious functions given free most of the time; third floor accommodates the living spirit behind the venture Sri Suresh and his wife; The life history of Shiridi Saibaba is depicted in the form of an exhibition, the entire exhibition was set up (built) as a true miracle by the great Baba in less than a month - fourth floor  displays an array of 14 gods and goddesses – all assembled in one place. This place is very highly unique in several ways, attracts lots of visitors. Temple accepts donation only for Annadhanam and nothing else! It is a famous landmark in the neighborhood.

The day’s program consisted of a brief Puja for Shiridi Saibaba followed by a demonstration of yoga by a group of some 25 ladies and gentlemen. I am very much impressed by their dedication, precision and flexibility of body and mind they had achieved at the able hands of Yoga Master Sri Kedarnath. Several participants were above middle age and  some were even elderly. I took part in the laughter session.

Though I left midway during the program, I enjoyed being part of the Yoga day in every way, which started with watching Yoga performed by none other than Prime Minister Modi  ji on the TV channels.

No comments:

Post a Comment