Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Fwd: What is on your Desktop?

What is on your Desktop?

I heard a friend telling me that he was busy decluttering some mess. I
took a cue and started pruning my desktop. I chose desktop because
that is relatively simple and after finishing, I can gloat over doing
something useful for the day. Inject some variety into a somewhat
boring routine. Keeping digression aside, let me dwell into the topic
straight.

My desktop contained some 64 shortcuts. The shortcuts refer to things like:

a. Documents and files meant for reading later;
b. Links to zoom and other meeting sites / applications
c. MS Office applications;
d. PPTs of lectures listened to
e. Browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Opera, MS Edge etc
f. Games or puzzles like: Word Finder, Wordle, Spellathon. Scrambler etc;
g. Tools like 'Google Visualisation tool; Pre-pend paywall tool;
FlashNote etc;
h. Bank statements;
i. Daily prayer song;
j. Forthcoming events to participate online;
k. An odd collection of items I cannot remember why they are on the desktop!

Deleting those that I do not need any longer or items under k above
was easy. I also re-arranged the icons into recognisable groups or
clusters as indicated above. My desktop is now decluttered, usable,
useful and I hope will be better used.

Have you discovered items under group k? What did you do with them?

==============

No comments:

Post a Comment