Sunday, November 13, 2022

Fwd: Google Reviews


Google Reviews

 

I use Google maps when I must reach some nearby places by walking, if the destination is new to me. The facility is so convenient that you do not need to ask anyone for directions.  I had once experienced a similar ease of walking to my destination, without asking anyone, just following the detailed local map given free in the tourist office in Vienna. That was in May 1991.

 

Currently Google Maps allow you to write reviews of establishments known to you or visited by you. In fact, Google Maps, as a part of their tracing / tracking your location activity, makes suggestions for reviews. There are several simple questions asked involving YES / NO / MAYBE / I do not Know as options. If it is a Kirana shop, for example, you may be asked if product groups XYZ are sold there! Their probing queries are meaningful and insightful too. For instance, I was asked: Is this outfit open on Wednesdays?   Such a question might have been triggered by the fact that certain market / shopping areas are closed on certain weekdays instead of Sunday!

 

In Hyderabad we have weekly Shanty. Near our house on Mondays, a couple of streets, mostly dead ends, get filled with vegetable vendors. On Sundays, near Koti in Hyderabad, I have seen old books being sold on footpaths by many vendors. The footpath is relatively free, that is an incentive!  Is there a method of writing reviews of such temporary / mobile markets?

 

Mutual sharing of experience is useful to all concerned. I have written many reviews of nearby shops. I do not know if I can edit or revise my reviews.

 

 

  

Dr P Vyasamoorthy / 9490804278

No comments:

Post a Comment