Saturday, October 31, 2020

Pregnant Ladies in my life

                                                                Pregnant Ladies in my life


Can you recount the roles pregnant ladies have played in your life? I shall try to recollect this aspect it in my own case, by narrating a few cases.

It was in 1962.  After BLibSc results, I went to Employment Exchange in Chennai and registered myself. Right on that day they told me of a temporary vacancy in the library of the office of Commissioner for Labour and fixed an interview over phone, gave me a letter, I attended the interview in that afternoon and they asked me join the very next day. It was a three months’ temporary vacancy as their librarian had gone on maternity leave. I stayed there for just a month as I had to move on to Highways Research Station!

Again in 2001, after formal retirement from Satyam Computers, I worked in MANAGE, Hyderabad for three months. This again was a temporary vacancy to take care of the library when their librarian had gone on pregnancy leave. I was offered the job for six months but had to leave it after four months to move on the ICICI Knowledge Park as that was on a three-year contract!

The third ‘pregnant’ woman was a stranger, beggar who convinced me with her sob stories, and cheated me  to part with some money, clothes, food etc. She was not pregnant but dressed up so and posed as one to earn our sympathy.

In the case of most men, the mother and wife are the pregnant women closely associated. Mother-child relationship is wonderful, indescribable and mutually beneficial to both. But the same cannot be said of a husband and his wife! The bonding may be anything from pleasant to hell. Varies with vagaries of life.

I am thankful to all the pregnant ladies in my life without exception, even that beggar!

I am blessed. Amen.

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment