Monday, July 27, 2020

The Covid mask looks like a single cup bra


The Covid mask looks like a single cup bra

The face mask that has become an essential part of the attire when we step out of our houses makes me think it is a single cup bra. It looks so when I see Television advertisements for bra. If you don’t believe me watch this video where police are teasing an adult for not wearing the mask, and finally give him a mask to wear.

While bras are gender specific, masks are neutral. When Bra is worn it looks as if it is sucked in by vacuum as it is meant for tight or close fit. Face mask by design is meant for lose fit allowing breathing easily. Bra enhances the beauty of the wearer but a mask hides the face, making I difficult to recognize the person, like when a person gets down from a two-wheeler you cannot recognise him until he removes his helmet.  Gone are the days when only dacoits used face masks to avoid being recognized. Coming to think of it, I don’t understand why people wear masks even when they are participating in a video conference from their homes, as if they are afraid that some friend might drop in unannounced.

I had a friend much younger than I, he was my boss too, whose advice I cannot forget: People wear masks for different reasons. We need to be sensitive about it and not go about tearing it down.  We should allow them to save their faces and be sensitive and sensible. He was indeed talking of masks in a figurative way.

Thanks to Covid-19 for suggesting a topic for blogging. However, it is time I end this bra-mask ‘puranam’,  lest I sound unsound of mind in my late seventies.






No comments:

Post a Comment