Friday, March 31, 2023

Workshop on Theory of Change

Workshop on Theory of Change


I attended a workshop today organised jointly by Queens University of Belfast and LV Prasad Eye Institute, invited by ARDSI Hyderabad. I was a bit late and missed the explanation on the purpose and procedure of the workshop followed by the self-introduction by the participants. It is a three year project aimed to find out if providing glasses for reading or near vision would prevent cognitive decline in the elderly. A change for the better will occur, it was hypothesised. Some initial work already done, has selected the geographic area for the study.

 

How to get participants for the study, steps involved in screening, randomising and scheduling the activities were discussed.   Administering questionnaires, collecting the data, and using the same to answer questions / assumptions were taken up. How to motivate / enthuse volunteers, how to ensure compliance (wearing the spectacles as needed), getting cooperation of family members etc figured in the interactions. Cognitive Level Enhancement through Vision Exams and Refractions (CLEVER) is the goal.

 

Some fifteen people participated. It was an event for academic researchers and field study professionals. I treaded carefully as the topic was new.  How foolish it is to label myself as a gerontologist, I realised. In other educational events I would be bombarded with a lot of familiar stuff causing sleep or inducing boredom but this one kept me active and alert! I stand to benefit. I found the members from LVPEI were a jovial lot: smiling, joking or laughing, presenting an environment for pleasant learning.


============

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dr P Vyasamoorthy / 9490804278

No comments:

Post a Comment