Sunday, February 24, 2019

Folding Clothes can be Fun



Fun with folding Clothes

I am fond of folding clothes when they are dry after washing them. Especially in summer, clothes dry fast by mid day itself. The servant maid feels at ease just with briskly whisking off water from washed clothes avoiding squeezing too. I just supervise her work enough to ensure that drying is wrinkle free, especially large ones like sarees or dhotis.

Folding clothes is an art and skill. If you take sufficient care you can get nearly “pressed-with-an-Iron” look. My family members are appreciative of my folding ability and are jealous too. When several clothes are folded stacking them one over the other is a task in itself. You need to bring the cloth to uniform size to stacking easy.

Once I bought a couple of hand kerchiefs from a road side vendor. The price looked great for the size he was selling those pieces. When I came home, I saw he had fooled me into thinking that the kerchief is of certain size than actually it was, by clever trick of folding. Same thing happened when I bought some banians. The folded banian is placed inside a transparent plastic pouch and sealed. I am reminded of bookshops where they staple certain books and magazines, to prevent free inspection of contents. Folding is tricky, in that sense too.

I prefer to store folded clothes by stacking them one above another in shelves. This way you can utilize shelf space to maximum. There are people who wish to keep them standing side by side, after making small bundle of a folded shirt / pants.  This is ok if you have number of shelves of low height. You can see good number of videos advocating this approach on YouTube.

If you are creative you can come up with your own ideas for folding clothes of each type: shirts, pants, pyjamas, sarees, inner wear, kerchiefs, socks etc.  Folding for travel, is a specialization in itself.

As I have exhausted myself, with folded hands, saying Namasthe, Shall I bid good Bye?



No comments:

Post a Comment