Alzheimer's Disease International has a council made up of representatives from each full member association. The council meets once a year during our annual international conference.
The council elects a board of people from around the world, led by our chairman, Dr Daisy Acosta. Our president is Princess Yasmin Aga Khan, daughter of Rita Hayworth who had Alzheimer's disease. A full list of our elected board members is below.
ADI also has a medical and scientific advisory panel (known as MSAP), whose role is to provide expert advice when necessary, and also to act as international ambassadors for ADI. More details and a list of MSAP members are available.
- Princess Yasmin Aga Khan, USA, President
- Dr Jacob Roy, India, Chairman
- Mrs Wendy Fleming, New Zealand, Vice Chairman
- Mr Martin Else, UK, Treasurer
- Prof Bengt Winblad, Sweden, Chairman of MSAP
- Mr Dale Goldhawk, Canada
- Ms Lynda Hogg, Scotland
- Mr Markus Löfström, Finland
- Ms Carolyn Popham, UK
- Dr Yasmin Raashid, Pakistan
- Mr Lonnie Wollin, USA
- Dr Robert Yeoh, Australia
Honorary vice presidents
- Mr Jerome Stone, USA
- Mr Brian Moss, Australia
- Dr Nori Graham, UK
- Prof Henry Brodaty, Australia
- Dr Daisy Acosta, Dominican Republic